Saturday, July 25, 2009

Baking


Vanessa woke up from her nap and lots of fun in the flour!


Getting the pies ready for the oven. We made fresh blueberry and peach pie(they were delicious). The kids also learned how to wash the blueberries.


Yesterday I decided I wanted to make rolls to go with corn chowder for dinner. I don't care that it is 90 plus degrees outside I like to bake. I also decided to make some pies for a church activity on Saturday with we didn't end up going to. So after I layed Vanessa down for her nap I started to make the rolls and of course I have 2 little helpers right by my side. I have a hard time letting them help me in the kitchen because I want to do things right then and I don't want to take the time to teach because I feel like I don't have the time but I tried really hard yesterday to let them help and be calm. They learned how to measure flour. It was hard but we all survived!

4 comments:

Carolyn said...

Good for you for having some patience with the helpers. My kids love to help me. It can be hard to be patient, but I know they love it. Funny, I think you have the same countertops we have had in both our houses.

Lori said...

You're a good mom, gina! It's so hard to let them do it when you could do it faster, and better, and cleaner.... good job!

Raylene said...

Did it bring joy, fun and a sense of self-worth? Of course!! Keep those memories flowing.

The Bell Family said...

I'm glad that you let the kids help! I have a hard time letting my kids help with anything, but I know that they love to do it. I sure miss you girl, especially the baked goodies!!